- NETWORKING AFTER HOURS - The Chamber sponsors monthly (March through November) Business After Hours events that allow members the opportunity to get to know other business leaders and residents in our community while
enjoying food and drink! Remember to RSVP in the link included in the weekly newsletter.
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES / LOVE BLOWING ROCK - The Chamber operates several events throughout the year for both members and non-members including festivals, community projects, advocacy projects, and so much more. We are an extremely active chamber and always have opportunities available for volunteers. Please reach out to one of our staff members to find out more about becoming involved and leveraging your talents for our community.
- COMMITTEES - The Chamber has a number of committees that help organize our festivals, downtown activities, seminars,
fundraising efforts, philanthropic efforts and more. Please reach out to Cathy (email@example.com) for more information on our committees and how you can get involved.
- EDUCATION - The Blowing Rock Chamber offers educational opportunities throughout the year, which are communicated via email once those opportunities arise. The educations opportunities that we offer are ever-changing to meet the needs of our members and market trends. The Blowing Rock Leadership Challenge is sponsored and organized by the Chamber; this program fosters and educates those in our community who are inclined toward leadership roles in our many civic and business organizations. This program occurs every other year with special educational opportunities for alumni and those interested in the program. Inquire about our next class in April 2024.
- MEMBER-TO-MEMBER DISCOUNT PROGRAM - The Chamber encourages support of our business members through the Member to Member Discount program. All members of the Chamber receive a card which entitles owner and key employees to discounts at participating member businesses indicated on the card.
- THE VILLAGE FOUNDATION OF BLOWING ROCK - The Chamber started The Village Foundation of Blowing Rock, a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization. The mission of The Village Foundation of Blowing Rock is to promote, implement and support (a) business education, solicitation and retention, and (b) economic development in Blowing Rock, for the purposes of
(i) improving the standard of living in, and economic vitality of Blowing Rock, (ii) fostering orderly, economic growth and development in Blowing Rock, and (iii) generally, lessening the burdens on local government. For more information on The Village Foundation of Blowing Rock visit: villagefoundationofbr.org
- SYMPHONY TENT DISCOUNT - Residential Chamber Members receive a SIGNIFICANT discount on the price of a Symphony by the Lake Tent Reservation. Please contact Cathy Barker for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- E-NEWSLETTER COMMUNICATIONS - The Chamber offers a Weekly Update to share member news, inform members of upcoming events and meetings, tips for members, educational opportunities, and discussion on issues related to the business community.
- COMBINED VOICE - The Blowing Rock Chamber works closely with Town Council and County Government to serve as advocates for the betterment of our business community. Additionally, we are members of the North Carolina Chamber and the US Chamber – working for businesses on a state and national level. When necessary, the Chamber hosts Community Forums which allow our members to learn about and discuss issues of importance to Blowing Rock. Chamber committees, such as Economic Development, Community & Government, work to attract and develop appropriate business in Blowing Rock.